Saturday, May 3, 2014

May 3, 2014

Safety Tip 1:  Well since it is raining I seem to have a little extra time on my hands inside today.  I thought that I would share my first safety tip today.  If you are like me you don't like to see any animals suffer.  So you can understand my disappointment when I found a black racer snake dead in my yard tangled in bird netting.  I had it placed over my koi pond to keep out an annoying heron that was having breakfast daily on my goldfish.  So I removed it from the pond since I haven't seen the heron in over three weeks now.  I have animal fencing around my gardens to keep out the animals that love to snack on my veggies.  However, I ran out of fencing and decided to use the bird netting on the back side of the box against the hedge.  A week later there was a HUGE black racer stuck in the netting and it was cutting into his body pretty badly.  It took me about 15 minutes to get him free of the netting.  I had just bought another roll of fencing that very day so we took down the netting and put up the fencing.  My husband put the netting on a chair and we forgot about it.  Well the other day I found it on the ground with another snake stuck in it.  I took this video for all of you.  This stuff is terrible and the black racers are one of a gardeners best friends.  The following day my neighbor had one stuck in her netting.  I highly recommend that you not use this stuff if you do not want to be handling these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment