Saturday, May 3, 2014

Oh my Butt Egg

Okay, so this is the biggest egg I have ever seen come out of a chicken!  The dark brown egg on the left is what you would buy at the grocery store in a jumbo carton.  My friend Donna gave me a duck egg to try a while back and this egg is the same size as the duck egg if not a little bigger. Sunday breakfast should be interesting with this beauty...a double yolk most likely.
So I woke up to downpours yesterday morning and they tapered off to steady rain to drizzles all day and through the night.  Today I wake up and it is still drizzling and the weather man says we can expect this until early this evening.  My gardens are very happy with all the natural rain water.  My squash is struggling to pollinate and I think that they are lacking nitrogen.  I am ordering bat guano for them today.  Hopefully, I will get out in the garden later today so that I can tend my beautiful heirloom tomatoes.  I ordered some new seeds from Pepper Joe that came in the mail yesterday and I will be soaking them overnight.  They are chocolate habaneros, Francisca peppers, and they also send you two free packets of pepper seeds of their choosing.  So I also have Takanotsume pepper seeds (never heard of them before but they are HOT) and Pasilla Bajio Pepper a mildly hot pepper that grows to 7" long.  My haitian husband loves habaneros so perhaps these will be good in his pickley.

No comments:

Post a Comment